Saturday, January 21, 2012

Snow Run

Since this summer, I've made it a goal of mine to go out walking/jogging in the nearby park three times a week. I was bad about keeping up my exercise over the fall, but since returing to College Town, I've been doing well.
We've had an unusually mild winter so far. This was my jogging path on Monday.

Then it snowed a little earlier this week, and about 4 inches last night. This was my jogging path today:
 My legs are sore just looking at that picture.

It was my first real snow run. And while it was fun at first, I learned a few things.  Most important is that snow really slows you down. Today I did one lap of the park, and it took the same time as it normally takes me to do two. I'm not normally sore after a run. I was sore today.

But it was a good day for me. After my run, I cleaned the snow off my car and shoveled the snow around it--so I got an upper body workout, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment