I got some new toys this week!
On Tuesday, I got a Christmas gift from a friend. He had gotten the gift knowing that there was a chance we would see each other while I was in Metro. When that didn't happen, he mailed the gift to me in College Town. I love the wrapping.
It was a DVD set of Community, Season 1.
The other toy was the Joseph Joseph pie timer. I've been wanting it for the Pomodoro Technique I've been using--basically you divide your time into 25 minute blocks (pomodoros) in order to complete a task. You set a timer for 25 minutes then during that time, you do not allow yourself to do anything besides the task. When the timer rings, you get a 5 minute break, and then you set the timer for another 25 mins, etc, until you've completed your task.
I wanted a fun timer, since writing can be tedious, so I considered the Sassafrass Wobblie Duck timer, too, but the simplicity of the JJ Pie timer won out.
I ordered it on Wednesday afternoon, and got it the next day. Go Amazon Prime shipping!
I was surprised by how big the timer was:
It's really not much bigger than your average kitchen timer. But I guess since it was "designer" I thought it would be smaller. And since it was bought with Amazon gift card money that I got from Christmas, I guess it counts as another belated Christmas gift. ^_^


No comments:
Post a Comment