Since this is basically a recipe repository now, here are a few more that I'd like to save:
Beef Crescent Rolls
I made these for the beginning of the school year (Late Aug. 2011) for the departments "Welcome Back" get together potluck. The event was disappointing in that 1) they take some effort to make, 2) I made double the recipe, and it was a little more expensive than I would have liked, 3) when I arrived at the potluck I found that almost everyone had brought store bought appetizers--dips served in their plastic tubs, that sort of thing 4) people were too busy drinking to eat, I think maybe 5 of my 48 (full sized!) rolls got eaten?
However one of the office staff ladies really liked them, and asked for the recipe. She told me that she was handing them out, trying to get people to eat them. So, knowing that I made one person happy is enough for me. And yes, I thought they were pretty good, myself.
Originally from Taste of Home http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Beef-Stuffed-Crescents-2
Ingredients
1 pound ground beef
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
3 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
Directions
- In a large skillet, cook beef and chilies over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cream cheese, cumin and chili powder. Cool slightly
- Separate crescent dough into 24 triangles. Place 1 tablespoon of beef mixture along the short end of each triangle; carefully roll up.
- Place point side down 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 11-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts
1 roll equals 175 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Originally published as Beef-Stuffed Crescents in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p35
No comments:
Post a Comment