Monday, January 30, 2012

Re-cap of last week

Just a list:
Opened with Monday morning mandatory presentation from a job candidate

Got almost all my signatures for my dissertation committee

Worked on my dissertation proposal

Funeral visitation and Memorial on campus

Thursday fun! Took the day off (and the campus was half-closed for the memorial anyway). Stopped at Talbot's where they were having a great sale and got two pairs of jeans for the price of one pair of jeans I had considered  getting at Macy's. Then, road trip to A-town to return an online order to a store. And with the refund picked up a shirt, a belt, and a pair of heavy winter slacks--all which were 60-75% off.  Woohoo!

Got back after retail therapy, and husband had sent me a New Year's card.  So sweet!  

Saturday--2 packages!  Online orders arrived--formal blazer, dress shirt, casual shirt, wool flannel dress pants. (And yes, I am keeping a tally of what clothes I'm giving away and what I'm bringing in, so that, in total, there are more clothes going out. Also, I'm not done shrinking my closet. I've got half a trash bag of clothes culled out for my next trip to Goodwill. I'm done buying fall/winter clothes. I wanted to buy some clothes, here, now, since my current location has no sales tax on clothing. Metro, however, does have sales tax.)

For this upcoming week: Moroccan chicken and prunes with couscous.

No comments:

Post a Comment