Monday, March 28, 2011

A couple of lost weeks

The hotel my husband and I stayed at the evening before I left to go back to University Town was only about 8 minutes from the airport. Which was nice, as I had a 6:30 am flight.

*Something* was going on at the airport when we arrived to check in--the line was longer than I had ever seen it. We could not figure out where the end of the line was, at first. The queue stretched down to the next terminal, and it looked like it would take 30 minutes to get from the end of it to the ticket counter. This was a problem--we had arrived at the airport an hour before departure. The plane starts loading about 30 minutes before departure. If it really did take 30 minutes to get to the head of the line, then there would be a real possibility that I would miss my flight. I took my place at the end of line. My husband moved up front to see if there would be something he could do. He came back a few minutes later with tickets in hand. Some of the automated ticket machines were idle, and he was able to retrieve my tickets. And then, a few moments after my husband got my tickets, the ticket agents were waving for everyone to move forward, and the queue halved.

They did hold the plane for everyone. Apparently Newark, NJ is the place everyone wants to go on a Sunday morning, on Daylights Saving Day. The plane was completely fully.

My stomach felt a bit restless on the flight. But there was air turbulence, and I had gotten up very early (yay DST!) and gone without breakfast. However, things only got worse once I arrived back at my apartment. I was sick for an entire week. I was in a fog for another week. But! I'm better now. I'm looking forward to a productive week this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment