It seems like I'm getting into the habit of blogging every other week.
I've regained my full health. I've been hungry, and cooking and eating. Last week I made a cauliflower and carrot soup and a white bean and wild rice salad. Photos are below.
Here are the chopped vegetables, after simmering to soften:
I don't own a blender. I used a hand potato masher and a hand mixer to mash the cauliflower and carrots. I couldn't get them to a fine consistency, and the hand mixer had a tendency to spray the soup around. The soup ended up with more of an "apple sauce" consistency.
It was a strangely sweet soup. I might have used a sweet onion in it instead of a regular onion (they were next to each other on the store shelf). However, the salad was beautiful (and delicious):
The past couple of weeks have been mostly rainy, with temps in the 40's. It even snowed around April 2nd or so. But today, the weather turned warmer, and we're expecting 60's for the rest of the week.
Time has been acting strange for me. I've been losing track of it. It's kind of scary, actually.
And the penny remains.
No comments:
Post a Comment