Spring Break (the rest)
Having front loaded my Spring Break activities, the rest of the week was pretty calm:
I had my first raw oysters. My husband and I shared a plate of a half-dozen. I don't see myself ordering them again. I don't see the point. I can think of them and still taste them in the back of my mouth. Oysters are supposed to taste "briny." To me, they tasted like pond water, silt included. Perfectly edible, but not particularly pleasurable to do so.
I had lunch with a college friend, and got to play with her young infant.
And I finished playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, which I had started playing over Christmas break. I was pleased to find that it was easy to get back into the game play. (Unlike the Zelda games, where I have forgotten all the special combo moves, and would have to look them up again.) I was a little disappointed with the ending memory sequences--I think that the Thieves' Guild played too little of a role in the game. I did like the ending sequences with Desmond, and I wish I could replay those again. I did purchase the downloadable content "Lost Leonardo" memories or whatever they're called. I did not play them, though. I thought that an entire week (Sunday through Thursday) of playing AC:B literally all day was enough for Spring Break.
And my husband planned an anniversary surprise of his own. On Saturday, he took me on a vintage rail trip, and then ended with us staying in a luxury hotel suite, with champagne (sparkling wine) and chocolate covered strawberries awaiting our arrival. Also: separate bidet.
Photos:
Inside our rail car
Sparkling wine and chocolate covered strawberries:
View of the city from the hotel balcony:
Bidet! Which was not usable, since the mechanism to lift the stopper was broken--think sink stopper. However, unlike in a sink, we were not keen on reaching in and removing the stopper, even though the bidet looked clean.
No comments:
Post a Comment