Monday, February 21, 2011

Under the weather

The past week was not the best. I've been feeling vaguely ill--lethargic, with no appetite, sometimes even nauseous, with difficulty sleeping.

Although I have been writing everyday this week, I haven't gotten much of anything done on my proposal.

The highlights of the week: I found out that I'm going to be needing minor surgery, and the power went out in my part of town for about 8 hours on Saturday. It was a significant outage: several streetlights were out, and a few of the stores in the affected area, including a Best Buy, had to close.  

I did make my dal makhani. It was OK. A nice variation of the red beans and rice, but nothing major. I am glad that I did not sautee the spices like the recipe called for. It kept the curry smell to a minimum. Just putting the spices straight into the Crockpot and letting it simmer with the beans was enough.   

I took out some Camembert I bought about two weeks ago. The rind had grown back over the cut section. It was pretty awesome. 

I still want to make brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment