Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ninja Blender and Roast zucchini

I am excited to introduce my new hand blender! It got it off Woot!


There have been times where I've made soups, and with no immersion blender, I used a potato masher to puree the beans/potatoes/vegetables. I had been thinking about getting a Cuisinart hand blender off Amazon, since it seemed to be the most popular model for sale. The reviews overall were pretty good. One thing that did bother me, though, was that several of the bad reviews mentioned that the drive shaft on the Cuisinart was plastic, and that it had a tendency to fail.  

I was so glad to find that the Ninja had a drive shaft!  


It came with a bunch of accessories: a pitcher with a mixing top and a solid cover (seen as the black base of the pitcher in this photo), and a food processing bowl and blades.



All this, and a higher wattage than the Cuisinart, for the same price as just the Cusinart stick. I love Woot!


Today's recipe is roasted zucchini and summer squash:



----------------------------------------------------------------
Roasted Zucchini and Yellow (Summer) Squash (from SparkRecipes, submitted by BOOKWORM81)


One of our favorite sides. Quick and easy to make. Tastes good hot or cold and reheats well in the microwave.

Minutes to Prepare: 10
Minutes to Cook: 20
Number of Servings: 12

INGREDIENTS:

6 cups zucchini cut into large chunks
6 cups yellow squash cut into large chunks
2 tbsp olive oil plus extra for greasing pan
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper


INSTRUCTIONS:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees

Grease roasting pan with olive oil

Chop zucchini and yellow squash and put into large bowl.

Drizzle olive oil over squash. Mix with a large spoon until squash is evenly coated.

Sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and pepper over squash. Mix with a large spoon until squash is evenly coated.

Pour squash onto roasting pan and spread it out until it evenly covers the pan.

Bake 15-20 minutes stirring once until cooked through.

Makes 12 one cup servings

No comments:

Post a Comment